Have you ever wanted something so bad, but you just didn’t know how to go about getting it? You took some action. You started down the path, the best way that you could figure out, but then something happened – you just stopped.
Sometimes it’s a slow fizzle and other times it’s just a full-fledged, hard stop – but the important piece to keep in mind here is that there was something much deeper that caused what you wanted not to happen – and that was your thinking.
That seems really harsh, but everything that you desire starts and stops in your mind.
There are five steps to getting what you want.
- Decide on what the heck it is you want and commit to it. I realize that the word commitment can be scary to many, as it means “to death do us part,” but wouldn’t you rather to commit to something with everything you've got rather than so-so commitment? Regardless what obstacles come up against you that you still desire it more than anything? That is what it takes to get what you want! You really do have to want it as much as you want to breath!
- Identify what your challenge is that is standing between you and your dream. Just one big, hairy challenge – identify what it is. If you don’t know what you are facing, how are you going to overcome it? How are you going to set goals to achieve? Don’t get hung up on the myriad of challenges and all the details of how. Pick the BIG one challenge and commit to a game plan that is going to get you traction.
- Quit head-tripping. Quit fighting yourself and start fighting for your dream. We get so caught up in our thinking, so spun out, that we just can’t move forward. Once you decide and commit, take note of when doubt is creeping in and decide that no matter what you don’t know, you have the ability to learn. No matter what you don’t have, you have the ability to have. You need to be your biggest fan because YOU are the one who is going to achieve your dream. Your success is in you, tucked away behind any doubt and fear. Pull it out – FIGHT for what you want.
- Focus on at least 3 activities every single day toward your dream achievement. If that means making contact with three people that you will need to connect with, do it. If that means learning about three things, do it. Whatever it is – three activities, everyday – and journal them! Take note of what gets you traction.
- Keep your dream in the main stream. Talk about it, vision board it, live it. Imagine coming back from an amazing event, vacation, or concert – what do you do? You talk about it. You show people pictures. You SHARE your experience. Why? Because it lit you up and you want to keep that light alive! Your dreams are the same way. Share them – frequently – as if they were the most amazing vacation getaway EVER. Share the feeling. It's contagious and people are going to want to help you as well as cheer you on to success!
Commit today to take the steps that you need to achieve the success that you desire. #makeithappen #yougotthis Now let's get focused, obliterate doubt and fear, and start achieving! Focus, my dears! You got this!